ASHES IN GREEN BIN BLAMED FOR TWO RECENT FIRES
1/10/2018 4:31:34 PM


December brought Petawawa a scary reminder about why you're told not to put ashes from your fireplace into your green bin.

Fire Chief Steve Knott told council at a recent committee meeting that typically there are two or three fires per year attributed to people putting ashes in their green bin, but last month alone there were two such fires. Knott says that a small fire in the green bin can easily become much more dangerous.

   

Knott recommends spreading your ashes over a plot of land such as a garden where it's good for the soil to have warm ashes, and as long is it's not near a shed or your home, there's no risk for a fire.
   

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI  |  © Copyright 2008-2011 My Broadcasting Corporation

Back to News

 
 
 
 





Copyright 2017 PembrokeToday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive