7/5/2018 8:17:13 AM

Small fires have been popping up at the landfill in the Ottawa Valley Waste Recovery Centre, and it's not due to the exteme heat. General Manager, Sue McCrae says it's actually due to people not recycling electronics.

    When looking back at 2017, there were three landfill fires associated with electronic devices and hazardous waste being improperly disposed of in garbage. In 2018, there has so far been five fires. In the most recent fire, an electronic tablet was recovered and found to have caused the fire.   Luckily so far, there have been no injuries reported because of the fires. McCrae says that the centre's Electronic Waste Depot is open year round if you need to dispose of any form of electronic waste.

Back to News


Copyright 2017 PembrokeToday.ca. All rights reserved.

This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive